This document sets out the measures undertaken by the Cruising Association to ensure the safety of its staff and members when using the library at CA House.
Use of the CA Library
The library remains open and all restrictions on numbers have been eased. In addition, booking is no longer required, though we do ask visitors to adhere to CA House rules as set out.
Minimising the risk of COVID-19
- We request that all staff and visitors continue to keep a distance of 2m where possible. Further details can be found on the CA House Covid-19 Implementation programme.
- It is recommended that all library guests wear a facemask or suitable face covering when in common areas, or the library itself.
- Any visitors who do not have a facemask may request a disposable mask from Reception.
- Guests and staff are asked to wash their hands for 20 seconds or use the hand sanitiser provided upon immediate entry to the building. Members, staff, and visitors are also asked to wash/sanitise their hands after coming into contact with any common touch points, such as door handles, bannisters etc.
- Any guests or staff showing symptoms of COVID-19 must not enter the premises. If any guests or staff suspect that they have contracted COVID-19, this should be reported to a member of staff on 020 7537 2828 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A full list of symptoms is available from the WHO website.
- If any member of staff or visitor shows symptoms of COVID-19, self-isolation must be imposed, and a test taken immediately after consultation with a medical professional via 111. Positive tests will result in the building being closed for deep cleaning. Any other illnesses will require the member of staff to recover at home until they are fit to return to work.
- All visitors must report to reception immediately and sign in, providing full names and contact details.
- Increased cleaning will be undertaken, ensuring that all common touchpoints including toilets, flushes, door handles, and locks are clean. A record of cleaning will be kept.
- A Perspex screen will remain on the reception desk for the safety of both staff and visitors.
- Ventilation will be increased in the library by opening windows and doors.
Chart and Computer Use
Use of paper charts is permitted it the CA’s library. As paper charts cannot be cleaned, we ask members to sanitise their hands before and after use. Sanitiser is provided both inside and immediately outside the library.
Computers and electronic chart plotters in the library are available for member use and we ask that members clean down the equipment with the cleaning supplies provided before and after each use.
Members are permitted to continue borrowing library books. Any loans must be requested with a member of staff. Close contact with staff should be kept to a minimum.
Any members wanting to return library loans are asked to leave books at the designated drop off point in the library. Signage will be displayed advising the location of this drop off point. For the safety of staff and members, returned library books cannot be loaned to another member until three days have passed.
After handling library books, members/staff must leave the books in the designated quarantine zone for three days before a member of staff returns them to the library shelves. Staff returning these books must wear disposable gloves.
Cabin guests are permitted to use the library during their stay.
Use of the Council Room
Members are permitted to use the Council Room if more room is required to study charts. Use of this room is subject to availability and members are asked to clean any used surfaces immediately after use with the cleaning supplies provided.
CA House visitors are permitted to use the toilet facilities located on the ground and first floors. It is recommended that members wear a face covering in common areas and adhere to the one way systems in place. Sufficient signs have been erected to aid with one-way systems. Toilets are cleaned, and rubbish disposed of daily.
Members are permitted to use the lift in CA House, but we request that only one person, or one household do so at any one time. We encourage the use of the stairs where possible.
These procedures will be reviewed weekly to ensure they are effective to provide a COVID-19 secure operation for both guests and staff. Any improvements identified will be implemented and communicated promptly.
Jeremy Batch, Receptionist: email@example.com
Lucy Gray, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org