This document sets out the measures undertaken by the Cruising Association to ensure the safety of its staff and members when using the library at CA House.
Use of the CA Library
The library will re-open from 12th April 2021. Due to social distancing measures, a maximum number of two members will be permitted to use the library at any one time. The restriction on numbers means that members must book ahead advising their date and time of arrival, along with the required duration of their stay. All requests to visit the CA library must be sent to Jeremy Batch by email (email@example.com) or by calling 020 7537 2828.
CA House will retain its usual opening hours of 09.30 – 17.30, Monday to Friday.
The Galley will remain closed under Tier 3 restrictions.
Minimising the risk of COVID-19
- All staff and guests must adhere to the social distancing rules implemented at CA House. Further details can be found on the CA House Covid-19 Implementation programme.
- Visitors are advised not to travel to CA House (Tier 3) from other tiers unless essential.
- All library guests must always wear a facemask or suitable face covering when in common areas, or the library itself. For further guidance on facemasks, see details on the UK Government website: Face coverings at work.
- Any visitors who do not have a facemask may request a disposable mask from Reception.
- Guests and staff are asked to wash their hands for 20 seconds or use the hand sanitiser provided upon immediate entry to the building. Members, staff, and visitors are also asked to wash/sanitise their hands after coming into contact with any common touch points, such as door handles, bannisters etc.
- Any guests or staff showing symptoms of COVID-19 must not enter the premises. If any guests or staff suspect that they have contracted COVID-19, this should be reported to a member of staff on 020 7537 2828 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A full list of symptoms is available from the WHO website.
- If any member of staff or visitor shows symptoms of COVID-19, self-isolation must be imposed, and a test taken immediately after consultation with a medical professional via 111. Positive tests will result in the building being closed for deep cleaning. Any other illnesses will require the member of staff to recover at home until they are fit to return to work.
- All visitors must report to reception immediately and sign in, providing full names and contact details.
- Increased cleaning will be undertaken, ensuring that all common touchpoints including toilets, flushes, door handles, and locks are clean. A record of cleaning will be kept.
- The reception desk will be fitted with a Perspex screen for the safety of both staff and visitors.
Chart and Computer Use
Use of paper charts is permitted it the CA’s library. As paper charts cannot be cleaned, we ask members to sanitise their hands before and after use. Sanitiser is provided both inside and immediately outside the library.
Computers and electronic chart plotters in the library are available for member use and we ask that members clean down the equipment with the cleaning supplies provided before and after each use.
Members are permitted to borrow library books. Any loans must be requested with a member of staff. Close contact with staff should be kept to a minimum and members are always asked to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Any members wanting to return library loans are asked to leave books at the designated drop off point in the library. Signage will be displayed advising the location of this drop off point. For the safety of staff and members, returned library books cannot be loaned to another member until three days have passed.
After handling library books, members/staff must leave the books in the designated quarantine zone for three days before a member of staff returns them to the library shelves. Staff returning these books must wear disposable gloves.
Cabin guests must specify their desire to use the library during their stay. Cabin guests may not be automatically granted access to the library if another member has already pre-booked a visit.
Use of the Council Room
Members are permitted to use the Council Room if more room is required to study charts. Use of this room is subject to availability and members are asked to clean any used surfaces immediately after use with the cleaning supplies provided.
CA House visitors are permitted to use the toilet facilities located on the ground and first floors subject to a suitable face covering/mask being worn. Members are asked to adhere to the social distancing measures including any one-way systems. Sufficient signs have been erected to aid with social distancing measures and one-way systems. Toilets are cleaned, and rubbish disposed of daily and patrons are asked to sanitise their touch points before and after use.
Members are permitted to use the lift in CA House but are asked to adhere to social distancing rules. Only one person, or one household is permitted at a time. We encourage the use of the stairs where possible.
These procedures will be reviewed weekly to ensure they are effective to provide a COVID-19 secure operation for both guests and staff. Any improvements identified will be implemented and communicated promptly.
Jeremy Batch, Receptionist: email@example.com
Lucy Gray, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org