In the absence of the Southampton Boat Show being staged in its usual format this September, the Cruising Association (CA) has taken the decision to host its own digital CA Promo Week from 11-20 September.
The CA’s focus will be on engaging existing members with a range of new website-based initiatives whilst also promoting the benefits of the CA to potential new members who would usually join up at the Boat Show.
Lucy Gray, General Manager of the CA, says, "We have some terrific discounts lined up for Promo Week, plus cruising webinars, prize draws and access to the CA’s specialist cruising know-how via videos and podcasts. So, we’re encouraging anyone interested in cruising in small boats - be it under sail or power - to come on board the CA website in the absence of us welcoming you to our usual Boat Show stand."
One-stop online cruising resource
A number of online resources are being rolled out to coincide with CA Promo Week. These have been 'purpose-built' to give members and non-members even more opportunities to benefit from the support of the CA online and to incentivise members when they refer friends to join the CA.
In the absence of physical events currently taking place at CA House and at Section events, boat shows etc, the website provides the chance to chat to a member of the team, have a tour of the website, watch videos, enter Prize Draws and effectively it becomes a one-stop cruising information resource.
A range of initiatives are being targeted specifically at recruiting new members including:
- Join the CA - Join during CA Promo Week and you receive a 25% discount off your first year’s full membership when paying by Direct Debit - and there’s no joining fee! Simply enter the code SBSPW20 when you Join online.
- Live Chat - a new facility operating Mon-Fri during office hours.
- One-to-one Zoom chats - During Promo Week anyone can book a one-to-one chat with a member of the CA team from Monday 14 to Friday 18 Sept during office hours. They can give you a tour of the website, talk you through the benefits of membership or demo CAptain’s Mate.
- FAQs - Any questions? We hope we have (most) of the answers on our FAQs page!
Excerpts from some videos are also available for non-members to view to whet their appetites! Members can view the full library of videos and podcasts on the members page.
CAptain's Mate, the CA's unique member app
CA members benefit from an even higher discount paying only £21.50, down from £25 and, if ordering before 20 September, there’s free P&P (UK only). The postage then also reverts to £10 per copy.
Orders can be placed on the CA Shop
The CA would usually welcome in excess of 500 members to its Boat Show stand so instead we are launching some special incentives exclusively for members during the Promo Week.
- Webinars - The CA is running two new webinars specially prepared for Promo Week, hosted by CA President Julian Dussek. The first of these is with Bob Garrett entitled 'Considerations for Crossing the Channel' at 7pm on Tuesday 15 September. This presentation will set out the key considerations for those contemplating their first crossing and also form a useful checklist for all who cross the Channel. It will provide guidance so you can make your choices and plans with confidence.
On Thursday 17 September, Nick Mines will present 'Too much Med' covering his single- handed (punctuated) non-stop 1,100 mile passage from Nice to Venice last summer. Each webinar lasts 40 mins followed by a 20 min Q&A session.
CA members will receive priority booking.
- CA Burgees - A 10% discount across all sizes during CA Promo Week. Order on the CA Shop.
- Navionics and Garmin - throughout September Navionics is offering CA members 15% off chart updates / 10% off all new Navionics and Garmin charts for GPS chart plotters/20% off PC passage planning, back-up library, optimum tide departure, optional weather overlay.
To claim your discount, send an email with your membership number to email@example.com
You can refer a friend to join the CA at any time and receive £20 to spend in the CA shop. Your friend will also receive a 25% discount on their first year's membership when paying by Direct Debit. More information on this popular scheme on the Refer a Friend page.
1 September 2020