Covid-19 Restrictions on Cruising: Gibraltar
- Can I and my crew get to my boat and back?
Yes. Commercial flights are operating between UK and Gibraltar and the land border with Spain is open subject to additional checks and delays.
Gibraltar is exempt from the FCO advice against all non-essential international travel. This is based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.
The Port Captain for Gibraltar has assured the CA that vessels will be able to berth and Crew will be able to go ashore but that booking ahead is essential.
No Quarantine is required on return to UK.
- Restrictions sailing in-country and cross-border
There are no restrictions on sailing in the territorial waters of Gibraltar due to Covid -19
- Social restrictions and requirements (and any special points)
Gibraltar is now in phase 6 of its unlock plan which will be completed on 1st August.
Gibraltar is gradually relaxing the lock down and as such, crew members will be allowed to go ashore as long as they abide by the local advice on hygiene and social distancing. Information on these guidelines can be found on the Government of Gibraltar.
- Gibraltarian Government, list of press releases
- Gibraltar Port Authority
- Gibraltarian Government Authority, Unlocking phases 1 to 6
- Gibraltarian Government, Covid-19 Public Notifications
- UK FCO (Foreign & Commonwealth Office)
Other Useful Websites
Please help by emailing any updates of which you become aware to: firstname.lastname@example.org