Covid-19 Restrictions on Cruising: Portugal
including The Azores, Madeira
- Can I and my crew get to my boat and back?
Flights are available from throughout the EU to the mainland but, due to recent spike in Lisbon, the UK and some other EU/Schengen countries are NOT on the exempt list. 14 days self-isolation required on return.
On arrival in mainland Portugal you will be subject to health screening.
If travelling to Madeira, Porto Santo or the Azores, you must take a COVID-19 test before you travel or on arrival. These islands are on the FCO exempt list so no quarantine is required on return.
- Restrictions sailing in-country and cross-border
Boats already in Portugal, whatever the flag, are permitted to move freely between ports/marinas
- Social restrictions and requirements (and any special points)
See Visit Portugal website for recent updates, 2m social distancing, hand sanitising and facemasks on public transport, shops and crowded places.
- Portuguese Government communication
- Regional Government of Madeira
- UK FCO (Foreign & Commonwealth Office)
Other Useful Websites
Please help by emailing any updates of which you become aware to: firstname.lastname@example.org