Southampton International Boat Show
Visit the CA at Southampton International Boat Show - 15-24 September 2023
The Cruising Association (CA) will be based on stand J419 in Ocean Hall with plenty on for all to enjoy.
The Southampton International Boat Show (SIBS) is a great opportunity to catch up with the CA and we are excited to welcome members and non-members to drop by the CA stand throughout the day to talk all things cruising.
Here is a preview of what the CA has in store for you:
- Members who arrive early can kick start your day with on-stand tea, coffee, juice and biscuits from 1000-1100 hrs.
- We have plenty of prizes for members and non-members to get excited about, including:
- Every day of the show, new members will be entered into the daily prize of a 1-year subscription/renewal to the Navionics Boating app,
- ICOM is donating the show prize of an IC-M94DE VHF Marine Transceiver with DSC & AIS Receiver worth £389.99 + VAT which is open to members and non-members.
- Marine Products Direct is our partner for the members’ Big Winter Prize Draw for a TEMO-450 Electric Outboard Motor, along with a kill cord, transom fitting, bag and buoyancy float worth £1,679. Members can find out more about the prize and how to enter here.
- We will have comprehensive on-stand information to showcase how we help our members make the most of their time on the water – from inland waterways to bluewater.
- Take advantage of an online tour of our exclusive to members CAptain’s Mate, featuring 20,000+ cruising reports in 7,500+ locations spanning over 100 countries.
- Our experts will present a series of talks on the Foredeck Stage (full synopsis of talks here):
- Monday 18 September / 1500-1530 hrs - Channel Crossing Procedures – Processes & Experience with Bob Garrett, CA Joint Channel Section Secretary
- Thursday 21 September / 1530-1600 hrs – celebrating ‘Women in Marine’ day, the CA and Practical Boat Owner magazine will be in conversation with world record breaker and CA member Jeanne Socrates
- Friday 22 and Saturday 23 September / 1600-1630 hrs - Orca and Yachts: What has been learnt over the past 4 years by John Burbeck, CA Orca Project Lead
- You can pick up the 2024 edition of the renowned CA Cruising Almanac, at just £25 for members and £35 for non-members, along with other CA goodies. The CA will be cashless at this year’s show, with payments to be made by credit or debit card. Please note we do not accept American Express.
- CA Sections – our 17 sections represent cruising areas, more localised UK-based regions along with an Antipodean section for our members in Australia and New Zealand. Take a read of our CA Section Flyers and discover more about their forums, rallies, socials, seminars, talks and more taking place throughout the year.
- There will be plenty of CA Marine Partners at the show, so members can see details here to enjoy your member discounts from:
Details: Members will need to show their membership card to claim the discount. Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any show offers the partners may be running. Please see the website for the discount details.
- After a busy day, the CA invites members to unwind and mingle during our daily 1630-1730 happy hour.
Visitors to the CA stand can also uncover the wealth of knowledge and events provided by the Local and Cruising Sections, get details on our upcoming 2023/2024 event and lecture programme, find out about our London clubhouse facilities and much, much more.
Come and discover what the CA can do to enhance your time on the water - our team will be delighted to help.
Save the date, mark your calendars, we look forward to seeing you soon on stand J419 at SIBS.
New Member Offer
The CA is offering membership discounts throughout the show, with up to 20% off (when paying by Direct Debit) the first year of full membership and there is no joining fee. New members will also receive a complimentary CA Burgee and an invitation to our Welcome Seminar at the CA House in London.
If you are a member visiting the show with non-member friends, do encourage them to join using our Refer a Friend programme. They will receive 25% off the first year’s membership (when paying by Direct Debit) and you will receive a £20 shop voucher and could win our September prize of a chart and book voucher worth £150 from Imray.
Anyone who joins the CA at the show will also receive a Premier Marinas keyring which gives access to the Premier Lounge and a complimentary hot drink.
Buy your Boat Show ticket
CA members can access discounted tickets at £17.99 per person, compared to the normal £32.00 ticket price.
*Voucher is valid for one year from issue