A packed line-up of presentations including cruising the from the Clyde to Scoresby Sund, the Biscay Coast of France, the Baltic, The Scillies and Southern Ireland, the French Inland Waterways and sailing around the UK plus talks from other Show exhibitors providing specialist advice on a variety of subjects will be on offer on the 'CA Stage' at this year's Scotland's Boat Show, taking place from October 11-13.
The Cruising Association (CA) is delighted to be hosting the line-up of talks and, for the first time, sponsoring the 'CA Stage' at the Show.
Anyone attending this lively and interesting Boat Show at Kip Marina in Greenock, is sure to be enlightened and entertained by the broad range of speakers and topics that fills the schedule of talks, drawn up to include something to interest everyone who loves cruising, wherever your interests lie.
In addition to presentations on the CA Stage taking place from Friday 11th through Sunday 13th from the oldest sailmakers in the world, Jeckells and Primal Adventures on the adventures available on the west coast of Scotland, The Green Blue and RYA Scotland, and a chance to check out the latest nautical fashions, there are a number of talks being given by a variety of CA experts.
Even more reasons to head for the CA Stage - great prizes** on offer!
We're delighted to announce that Imray Laurie Norie & Wilson Ltd is providing a prize draw to accompany each talk* - you simply fill in your details when you arrive for the talk and your name goes into the Draw to win the relevant publication for that talk.
Imray will also be in attendance and will offer special Show discounts with free P&P.
*excludes 'The Cruising Association - past, present and future' - Julian Dussek
Thanks to the prize offered by Ship Shape Bedding, you could be snug as a bug in your cabin by entering our exclusive-to-members Prize Draw running for the duration of the Show. You could win a bumper pack of Ship Shape Easycare Fully Shaped Bedding (to suit your needs) comprising: 1 x Shaped Double Duvet 4.5 tog or 10.5 tog/One Double Fitted Sheet/One Double Shaped Duvet Cover (striped or plain)/2 x Pillow Cases (striped or plain). RRP of £192.Also, don’t forget that both Imray Laurie Norie & Wilson Ltd and Ship Shape Bedding are CA discount partners!
Details of the discounts are on the members' discount page.
Cruising Association topics and speakers include:
- 'Clyde to Scoresby Sund (East Greenland)' - Mike Henderson - Arctic and Northern Waters £60.00
- 'A Baltic Rally (Return to Kuressaare)' - Derek Lumb - Imray's Draw Prize: The Baltic Sea and Approaches £45.00
- 'Cruising the Biscay Coast of France' - Judith Grimwade - Imray's Draw Prize: Atlantic France £42.50
- 'Cruising the French Inland Waterways' - Julian Dussek - Inland Waterways of France £32.50
- 'An introduction to sailing in the Mediterranean' - Keith Pettican - Imray's Draw Prize: Mediterranean Almanac £29.50
- 'The Scillies and Southern Ireland' - Ken Marsden - Imray's Draw Prize: Isles of Scilly £25.00
- 'First Time to the Baltic from Scotland' - Alan Kohler - Imray's Draw Prize: The Baltic Sea and Approaches £45.00
- 'The Cruising Association - past, present and future' - Julian Dussek*
- 'Sailing around (most of) the UK' - Ken Marsden - Cruising Almanac £37.50
- 'A modern odyssey, sailing from Turkey to Croatia, via the Corinth, taking in several World Heritage Sites' - Keith Pettican - Greek Waters Pilot £42.50
The detailed programme of speakers and timings can be found on our event page here.
If you're not already a CA member there is the opportunity to join up at the Show and you will immediately start reaping the benefits, becoming eligible to enter the CA's Big Prize Draw for a Charter Holiday and also partake in other CA initiatives.
**PLEASE NOTE: By entering the Prize Draw, and if you are our lucky winner, you agree to the publication of your name being published on social media, on the CA website, in the CA Newsletter and in Cruising magazine.