The Cruising Association is seeking a hard-working and proven PR professional to commence working either in-house, or as an external consultant. The role offers flexibility and can either be conducted remotely or at our head office in Limehouse Basin, London. Our current Press & PR Manager will be retiring later this year, so a thorough handover process will be available.
What we need from you!
- Ideally a minimum of three years’ experience of handling Press & PR campaigns in the UK/pan-European marine leisure sector.
- A pro-active and flexible approach to PR combined with the experience and confidence to enable you to spot an opportunity and develop it and to respond quickly and efficiently to media enquiries.
- Timely responses to our briefs as well as working on your own initiative to propose and develop ideas.
- The ability to communicate well with our various stakeholders, good copywriting skills, have good attention to detail, great contacts, a solid foundation in press relations.
- The creation and delivery of a year-round PR campaign and to maintain our excellent profile across the boating press - in print and online.
- Contributions to our quarterly in-house magazine Cruising, and our monthly newsletters.
- A good understanding of how social media works and its opportunities and the management of our SM platforms.
Sailing experience is not essential but preferred.
If you are interested and think you might fit the bill, please contact General Manager, Lucy Gray, on 020 7537 2828 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Job type: Full or part-time
9 April 2021