Launched in 1978, the 62-foot gaff ketch Morning Star is the oldest purpose-built sail training vessel in the UK and has been based in the Medway for her whole life. Currently operating from Chatham Maritime, MST offers voyages aboard Morning Star and her smaller sister Bright Star around the South and East coasts of England during term time. Going further afield in the summer, Morning Star competes in the international Tall Ships Race
Date: Thursday 12 December 2019
Time: 1900, talks start 2000
Venue for our Winter Warmers:
The Dog & Bear Hotel
There is ample parking available and you are very welcome to bring guests.
Many eat beforehand and It helps speed up service if you are able to telephone the Dog and Bear and order your meal before 4pm. The talks start after supper at 8pm.
CA Menu £10.95
- Breaded Whole tail Scampi - chips and salad with tartare sauce
- Pork and Spitfire Sausages - with mash potato, leeks and cabbage and red onion gravy
- Cottage Pie - with a selection of vegetables
- Butternut Gobi Dhansak Curry with Cauliflower Rice [v/vg]
- Leek, Mushroom and Tarragon Risotto [v] - with green salad
- Beef Chilli Con Carne - with rice and tortilla chips
- Breast of Chicken Schnitzel - parmesan mash, broccoli and sugar snap peas with a white wine and chestnut mushroom sauce
- Cod and Pancetta Fishcakes - chips and salad