CAptain's Mate App
Our unique app, CAptain's Mate, is a must for anyone cruising at home or abroad
CAptain’s Mate puts thousands of cruising reports at your fingertips, even when you have no internet connection or phone signal. It’s jam- packed with current information, written by members from first-hand experience of harbours and anchorages around the world. Reports are downloaded or updated when online, but remain on your device when you are offline.
- Reports written for members by members
- Thousands of cruising reports for harbours and anchorages around the world
- The very latest info - reports added and updated by members almost daily
- Add reports from your own experience
- Available for Android and Apple devices
- Search alphabetically, on the in-built map, or by proximity to your current position
- Exclusive to members
- Locate fellow CA members with the 'Find My Friend' feature
- OpenSeaMap data available online, can be saved for offline use
CAptain's Mate of the Month
The CA's amazing APP CAptain's Mate is available exclusively and free to CA members. However, we're keen to share some of its attributes and first-hand knowledge & some 'as live' reports with all of our followers - members and non-members alike. So, we're selecting our 'CAptain's Mate of the Month' for the next few months! This is just an example of the hundreds of new reports submitted every month.
Durban - Royal Natal YC: A very safe and protected harbour, the Yacht Club moorings are good. Water and electricity. Good services and two excellent clubs to choose between. Access to all facilities and a staging post for safaris etc. Check in and out is still a bit antediluvian, but an excellent place to wait for a weather window to head west.