CAptain's Mate App
Our unique app, CAptain's Mate, is a must for anyone cruising at home or abroad
CAptain’s Mate puts thousands of cruising reports at your fingertips, even when you have no internet connection or phone signal. It’s jam- packed with current information, written by members from first-hand experience of harbours and anchorages around the world. Reports are downloaded or updated when online, but remain on your device when you are offline.
- Reports written for members by members
- Thousands of cruising reports for harbours and anchorages around the world
- The very latest info - reports added and updated by members almost daily
- Add reports from your own experience
- Available for Android and Apple devices
- Search alphabetically, on the in-built map, or by proximity to your current position
- Exclusive to members
- Locate & email fellow CA members with the 'Find My Friend' feature
- OpenSeaMap data available online, can be saved for offline use
- Locate HLRs (Honorary Local Representatives, our worldwide network of contacts providing local assistance)
- View the hundreds of discounts available to members, via map or list
- Demonstrate your membership (for claiming discount or any other reason) with membership card display
CAptain's Mate of the Month
The CA's amazing APP CAptain's Mate is available exclusively and free to CA members. However, we're keen to share some of its attributes and first-hand knowledge & some 'as live' reports with all of our followers - members and non-members alike. We're delighted to bring you a new line-up of...CAptain's Mate of the Month! These are just examples of the hundreds of new reports submitted every month.
Russian Bay, Nisos Poros, Greece: We stayed here in early November and it was very quiet. Chatted to Maria who runs the Russian Bay beach bar (has done for 12 years) and she remains open if there are boats in. The weather was changing and boats were very few so she was closing at the end of the week. We anchored with lines ashore on the east side and had very peaceful nights with little wash off passing ferries. I discussed the music with Maria (although none was on whilst we were there) and she is unapologetic; she says her business is feeding and watering people in a convivial atmosphere and the music is part of that. She says if you don’t like the music don’t come into the bay! The water is warm here and very clear and flat so great for swimming and paddle boarding. Maria has free Wi-Fi, and beers are reasonably priced for a beach bar at €10 for 3.