CAptain's Mate App
Our unique app, CAptain's Mate, is a must for anyone cruising at home or abroad
CAptain’s Mate puts thousands of cruising reports at your fingertips, even when you have no internet connection or phone signal. It’s jam- packed with current information, written by members from first-hand experience of harbours and anchorages around the world. Reports are downloaded or updated when online, but remain on your device when you are offline.
- Reports written for members by members
- Thousands of cruising reports for harbours and anchorages around the world
- The very latest info - reports added and updated by members almost daily
- Add reports from your own experience
- Available for Android and Apple devices
- Search alphabetically, on the in-built map, or by proximity to your current position
- Exclusive to members
- Locate fellow CA members with the 'Find My Friend' feature
- OpenSeaMap data available online, can be saved for offline use
- Locate HLRs (Honorary Local Representatives, our worldwide network of contacts providing local assistance)
CAptain's Mate of the Month
The CA's amazing APP CAptain's Mate is available exclusively and free to CA members. However, we're keen to share some of its attributes and first-hand knowledge & some 'as live' reports with all of our followers - members and non-members alike. So, we're selecting our 'CAptain's Mate of the Month' for the next few months! This is just an example of the hundreds of new reports submitted every month.
Shoreham, Sussex: Interesting little marina behind the lock gate. Entrance is very straight forward. Shoreham Harbour Radio works on VHF ch 14 and the guys are extremely helpful. They recommend calling them at least 30 minutes before arrival, or phone on +44 1273 592 366. The marina is called Lady Bee Marina and again super staff. No VHF so call office hours only (1000-1700 and 1200-1400 Sunday on +44 1273 593 801. Note the number in the Almanac is wrong. The marina is small and full of vintage boats but they will always find you a spot.
Accessible through two locks - small and commercial one. Watch out - do NOT tie up to the railings - use the ladder and keep shifting your lines as you will be going all the way up. Approach is dredged to 1.9 cd. The Marina office is in a chandlery next to the Pebble Pub on the Quay. Shops up the road. Bus 700 to Shoreham town a mile away and Brighton, five miles away. Toilets and showers. A very quiet marina - excellent for short stay.