CAptain's Mate App
Our unique app, CAptain's Mate, is a must for anyone cruising at home or abroad
CAptain’s Mate puts thousands of cruising reports at your fingertips, even when you have no internet connection or phone signal. It’s jam- packed with current information, written by members from first-hand experience of harbours and anchorages around the world. Reports are downloaded or updated when online, but remain on your device when you are offline.
- Reports written for members by members
- Thousands of cruising reports for harbours and anchorages around the world
- The very latest info - reports added and updated by members almost daily
- Add reports from your own experience
- Available for Android and Apple devices
- Search alphabetically, on the in-built map, or by proximity to your current position
- Exclusive to members
- Locate fellow CA members with the 'Find My Friend' feature
- OpenSeaMap data available online, can be saved for offline use
- Locate HLRs (Honorary Local Representatives, our worldwide network of contacts providing local assistance)
- View the hundreds of discounts available to members, via map or list
- Demonstrate your membership (for claiming discount or any other reason) with membership card display
CAptain's Mate of the Month
The CA's amazing APP CAptain's Mate is available exclusively and free to CA members. However, we're keen to share some of its attributes and first-hand knowledge & some 'as live' reports with all of our followers - members and non-members alike. So, we're selecting our 'CAptain's Mate of the Month' for the next few months! This is just an example of the hundreds of new reports submitted every month.
Anchorage by Roland Marina and Malta Yacht Club: We anchored along with three others between Malta Yacht Club and Roland Marina in 5m. Good holding in mud for three nights. Same amount of swell as the marinas. One drawback is the anchorage is in front of a rain gulley and if it rains the smell is foul for an hour or so. Good spot to take dinghy ashore for supplies, bars, restaurants, six chandlers, M&S, Matalan, shopping centre etc. It is all in Sliema, easily reached by going under the bridge off Manoel Island. Watch your depths with the dinghy just before the bridge as there are a couple of rocks. Dock behind the concrete bus stop, cross the road and the street going uphill has a very well stocked mini market, and there is also a laundry service: opposite direction down by Creek Developments turning to port towards Valletta and the bus stop 100m. €2.