CAptain's Mate App
Our unique app, CAptain's Mate, is a must for anyone cruising at home or abroad
CAptain’s Mate puts thousands of cruising reports at your fingertips, even when you have no internet connection or phone signal. It’s jam- packed with current information, written by members from first-hand experience of harbours and anchorages around the world. Reports are downloaded or updated when online, but remain on your device when you are offline.
- Reports written for members by members
- Thousands of cruising reports for harbours and anchorages around the world
- The very latest info - reports added and updated by members almost daily
- Add reports from your own experience
- Available for Android and Apple devices
- Search alphabetically, on the in-built map, or by proximity to your current position
- Exclusive to members
- Locate fellow CA members with the 'Find My Friend' feature
- OpenSeaMap data available online, can be saved for offline use
CAptain's Mate of the Month
The CA's amazing APP CAptain's Mate is available exclusively and free to CA members. However, we're keen to share some of its attributes and first-hand knowledge & some 'as live' reports with all of our followers - members and non-members alike. So, we're selecting our 'CAptain's Mate of the Month' for the next few months! This is just an example of the hundreds of new reports submitted every month.
Port Conger, St Agnes, Isles of Scilly: Good patch of clear sand starting in line with the jetty extending towards the causeway (first time I have seen my anchor set!) There is no water or fuel available on the island, the closest is St Mary’s, Hugh Town, where it is possible to lie against the harbour wall to take on water (£1 for about 100L, self-service) or plug in to charge batteries (same pedestals as the water - takes £1 coin then press the button above the power socket used or water outlet). Further out along the pier is the fuel berth run by Sibleys, who also offer a service laundry wash.