CAptain's Mate App
Our unique app, CAptain's Mate, is a must for anyone cruising at home or abroad
CAptain’s Mate puts thousands of cruising reports at your fingertips, even when you have no internet connection or phone signal. It’s jam- packed with current information, written by members from first-hand experience of harbours and anchorages around the world. Reports are downloaded or updated when online, but remain on your device when you are offline.
- Reports written for members by members
- Thousands of cruising reports for harbours and anchorages around the world
- The very latest info - reports added and updated by members almost daily
- Add reports from your own experience
- Available for Android and Apple devices
- Search alphabetically, on the in-built map, or by proximity to your current position
- Exclusive to members
- Locate & email fellow CA members with the 'Find My Friend' feature
- OpenSeaMap data available online, can be saved for offline use
- Locate HLRs (Honorary Local Representatives, our worldwide network of contacts providing local assistance)
- View the hundreds of discounts available to members, via map or list
- Demonstrate your membership (for claiming discount or any other reason) with membership card display
CAptain's Mate of the Month
The CA's amazing APP CAptain's Mate is available exclusively and free to CA members. However, we're keen to share some of its attributes and first-hand knowledge & some 'as live' reports with all of our followers - members and non-members alike and plan to reintroduce our series entitled 'CAptain's Mate of the Month’ that provide examples from hundreds of new reports submitted by our members every month.
Here’s a sample of our last Mate of the Month from September 2020.
Staithes, North Yorkshire: A small fishing harbour between high cliffs on North Yorkshire coast, rarely visited by yachts. Suitable for craft that can take ground. Entry on line 225degs T to centre of piers. At entrance take flat sandy ground on eastern harbour wall where EU funding has provided new ladder access and mooring rings. You can also anchor on eastern side avoiding local boats lines, but avoid the rocky bottom in the centre and the Lifeboat landing at western slip. Fee £10 in 2019. Clean WCs in central harbour area together with local pub offering good food. Quiet when day trippers have left. Entry +/-2 HW. The harbour should be avoided if any onshore conditions are expected.