CAptain's Mate App
Our unique app, CAptain's Mate, is a must for anyone cruising at home or abroad
CAptain’s Mate puts thousands of cruising reports at your fingertips, even when you have no internet connection or phone signal. It’s jam- packed with current information, written by members from first-hand experience of harbours and anchorages around the world. Reports are downloaded or updated when online, but remain on your device when you are offline.
- Reports written for members by members
- Thousands of cruising reports for harbours and anchorages around the world
- The very latest info - reports added and updated by members almost daily
- Add reports from your own experience
- Available for Android and Apple devices
- Search alphabetically, on the in-built map, or by proximity to your current position
- Exclusive to members
- Locate & email fellow CA members with the 'Find My Friend' feature
- OpenSeaMap data available online, can be saved for offline use
- Locate HLRs (Honorary Local Representatives, our worldwide network of contacts providing local assistance)
- View the hundreds of discounts available to members, via map or list
- Demonstrate your membership (for claiming discount or any other reason) with membership card display
CAptain's Mate of the Month
The CA's amazing APP CAptain's Mate is available exclusively and free to CA members. However, we're keen to share some of its attributes and first-hand knowledge & some 'as live' reports with all of our followers - members and non-members alike. We're delighted to bring you a new line-up of...CAptain's Mate of the Month! These are just examples of the hundreds of new reports submitted every month.
This month's 'CAptain's Mate of the Month' highlights Norsand Boatyard, Whangarei, in New Zealand. The quote we feature is from a CA member who experienced excellent service there a little while back. Regrettably, since this report was submitted, the boatyard has been severely damaged by a massive tornado but we still want to recognise it as our CAptain's Mate of the Month!
However, at 7pm on 26 June events unfolded at Norsand Boatyard when a powerful tornado ripped through areas of the yard damaging several boats in its path. Thankfully no one at the boatyard was injured and staff worked have been working tirelessly to clean up the mess left by the tornado, and all during a pandemic!
We send everyone at Norsand our very best wishes
Norsand Boatyard, Whangarei, New Zealand: A friendly yard with ample space for boat storage. Booking in advance is required. A discount of 30% is available for a minimum period of 6 months. We spent two days at anchor in the river waiting to lift out and we dragged anchor twice so be aware of that. Good wi-fi. The marina staff are well trained and very friendly. They go out of their way to accommodate you. Everything required for boat maintenance is available in the yard. Lift out was stress free.