The Cruising Association (CA) is acknowledged as the leading organisation for sail and motor cruisers, with over 6,400 members around the world.
Founded in 1908, the Cruising Association is at the heart of the world’s cruising community as a leading provider of trustworthy knowledge and information.
Based in London’s scenic Limehouse Basin, the CA offers flexible working, a friendly team environment and opportunities for progression and training.
We are searching for an energetic and confident team member who is self-sufficient and able to demonstrate forward thinking skills. Our chosen Clerical Assistant must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, members, and other departments within the CA. This will require excellent writing skills and telephone manners.
One of the founding objectives of the Cruising Association is to provide information about yacht cruising to its members. It is important that the Clerical Assistant who will provide this key role has both knowledge and interest in yacht cruising.
Duties of Post Holder:
- Providing a support role to the General Manager and other administrative and marketing staff
- Screening inbound calls
- Handling incoming mail from several inboxes, tracking, and responding as required
- Undertaking general office administrative duties as required
- Dealing with all CA Shop orders, payments and deliveries
- Assisting in the administration of events, such as Southampton Boat Show
- Assisting in the organisation and maintenance of the Information Centre (on-site library)
- Source and secure new worldwide discounts on behalf of CA members
It is imperative that all members of staff offer a flexible and reliable attitude to facilitate the needs of a small team. In order to assist the CA activities at evenings and weekends, work outside normal hours may be required. This will be based on a prior agreement with the General Manager.
Working Hours: 16-20 hours per week, with scope to increase. Monday – Friday on a flexible basis, though a few hours each day is preferred.
Apply: Email CV to Lucy Gray email@example.com
14 June 2022