And the winners are...!
We were delighted to receive over 60 Facebook Focus images fitting our entry criteria over the course of 12 weeks. These were gradually whittled down as we took to Facebook to announce a 'Shot of the Week’ or, in some cases where we have been spoiled for choice, to two or more 'Shots of the Week’. All shortlisted images were then allocated to an online album for the judging panel to select their favourite image in each of the four categories.
The winners, who each receives a pair of tickets to the Yachtmarket.com Southampton Boat Show are as follows:
- Sunsets & Sundowners: Brian Gray. On passage from Inverness to Amble taken at dusk about 40nm out in North Sea. 14th May 2018.
- Fun in the Sun: Sophie Velzian. Otter Spit on Loch Fyne Scotland on 30 June 2018, with our Bavaria Ocean 38 Blue Spirit in the middle. You don't often see it flat calm like this!
- Top spots: Jim Robertson. Hoorn on the Markermeer. 24th July 2018.
We were unable to award the Category 4 prize for Cool Cruising images as there were no contenders and have therefore allocated the 4th pair of Boat Show tickets to a highly deserving runner-up:
Nina Davis. All alone rounding the La Corbiere Lighthouse, Jersey on 1st August 2018.
Congratulations to all of our winners and thanks so much to everyone who entered!
1. Sunsets & Sundowners: Brian Gray. On passage from Inverness to Amble; taken at dusk about 40nm out in North Sea, May 14.
3. Top spots: Jim Robertson. Hoorn on the Markermeer, July 24.
2. Fun in the sun: Sophie Velzian. Otter Spit on Loch Fyne, Scotland on June 30, with our Bavaria Ocean 38 Blue Spirit in the middle. You don’t often see it flat calm like this!
Runner-up: Nina Davis. All alone rounding the La Corbière Lighthouse, Jersey, on August 1.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: CA FACEBOOK FOCUS - NEW CLOSING DATE!
We're closing the final entry date for our Facebook Focus contest a little earlier than originally stated to ensure our panel of judges has time to properly reflect on the shortlisted images, choose our winning images, contact our lucky winners and get tickets posted out to them before the Southampton Boat Show starts on 14th September.
We're closing the contest at 12 noon on Friday 24th August.
The winners will be announced on Facebook and contacted for their mailing addresses on Wednesday 29th August. Once these have been received, a pair of tickets to the Boat Show will then be posted out by first class mail to each of our winners.
To enable you to share some of your most enticing, atmospheric and inspiring photo posts (with captions please) on our CA Facebook page - whether CA or Crewing Service-related and whether a member or a non-member – we have launched a fun image-based promotion called ‘Facebook Focus’ commencing 1st June!
All you need to do is upload your best/favourite cruising-related images direct to our Facebook page (appearing as Visitor Posts) throughout the season.
We will judge the best landscape only images in each of the four categories below from 1st June – 31st August 2018, publishing a shot of the week and then shortlisting these to go into the final ‘album’ for judging the four overall winners.
All images must be landscape and maximum 2MB jpgs, must include a caption stating:
- When: the date the image was taken
- Where: location/country/island under each heading
- Category entered: 1,2,3,4
- Sunsets & Sundowners (exquisite panoramas, seascapes & a glass of your favourite local tipple)
- Fun in the sun (cruising in company on a lovely day)
- Top spots (favourite anchorages/facilities/food)
- Cool Cruising (ice cream moments, iceberg moments, chilly moments!)
Please start uploading your images to our Facebook page using this link: https://www.facebook.com/cruisingassociation
All entries must be in by 31st August. The CA will judge the entries and contact the winners in each category who will each receive a pair of free entry tickets to the Southampton Boat Show. The winners, illustrated by their winning photos, will be announced on Southampton Boat Show’s Press Day, September 14th, across our social media platforms. As an aide mémoire, the entry details are also available as a pinned post on our Facebook page.
Disclaimer: All entries to Facebook Focus 2018 may be used in CA publications or CA publicity material. If you would prefer us not to use your entry for our own publicity, please inform us. Please note that the CA’s Facebook page is an open/public site so your images will be viewable by the general public.
This is a totally separate Facebook initiative to our annual CA members Photo Competition which continues as usual.